Looking to make a smart investment in your roof that has the potential to offer long-term value? Consider metal roofing from Zimmerman's Construction. With metal roofing Lancaster PA residents may think this particular choice is limited to commercial buildings. In fact, residential metal roofing is one of the fastest growing segments in the world of home improvement.
And why not? After all, a metal roof that's properly installed and maintained by reliable metal roofing contractors, like the ones who make up the Zimmerman's Construction team, can last for 50 years or more! Consider the many other appealing benefits of making metal your preferred roofing choice.
Metal Roofing Options
There are many beautiful and durable types of roofing available. But what sets metal roofing apart is the added qualities that can make it and investment you'll appreciate for many years. If you need some added incentives to upgrade your roofing system to ones made of metal products, consider the following benefits of metal roofs:
- There are many styles and colors available with metal roofs from Zimmerman's Construction, so you'll have no trouble finding something that matches your property's features and aesthetics.
- Interlocking panels provide added wind resistance.
- Metal roofs are highly resistant to damage from the elements, fire, and insects.
- Today's metal roofs, whether used for residential or commercial structures, are lighter in weight, so you won't be over-stressing your underlying roof system.
- Metal roofs are highly efficient, so much so that many property owners enjoy lower utility bills with well-installed and maintained metal roofs.
Affordable, Top-Quality Metal Roof Installation
Are you breaking ground on a new home or business? Are you completing a remodel that involves a new roof? Regardless of why you need a metal roof installation or what style and color you have in mind, count on Zimmerman's Construction to do the job right. With metal, you'll also have different colors and gorgeous finish to choose from as you make your selection.
Whether you want a modern or traditional-looking metal roof, our installers ensure that no detail is overlooked. Our fully licensed and insured metal roofing contractors will arrive promptly will all necessary supplies, permits, and equipment after you've decided what type of metal roof you prefer.
If you're upgrading your roof from another material like asphalt, we'll inspect your roof first to ensure that its basic structural integrity is intact. If this is the case, we may be able to do a metal roof installation right over your existing shingle roof. Doing so will avoid the added expense and inconvenience of a complete roof tear off.
Metal Roof Repair In Lancaster County
As we've already established, metal roof systems are highly durable. Even so, there may be times when you're in need of metal roof repair in the Lancaster County area. The good news is that metal roof systems can often be safely, effectively, and affordably repaired.
With metal roof repair, we'll use quality materials to make fixes or replace damaged parts. Our contractors will also take the time to thoroughly evaluate the rest of your roof beyond the area that needs attention to minimize future repair needs. Some common metal roof issues we can address:
- Damaged panels
- Loose counter-flashing or damaged flashing
- Improperly placed or worn screws
- Missing sealants
- Seams and overlaps
- Ponding water
Metal Roof Leaks
Under certain conditions, metal roof leaks may occur in certain areas. In some instances, leaks happen because a metal roof wasn't installed properly. However, the majority of leaks are related to details with how your roofing system was finished. For instance, your roof may have horizontal seams that run perpendicular to standing seams. Separation may occur over time, resulting in a leak. We can also fix metal roof leaks due to:
- Rusted steel nails or screws on individual panels
- Openings around flashing
- Metal roof oxidation if the roof's protective coating wears away
- Fasteners backing out
- Weakness around a rising wall
Metal Roof Maintenance
Metal roofs can last for many years when well cared for. We recommend having your metal roof inspected at least once a year so potential problems can be detected ASAP. Our approach to roof maintenance includes:
- Cleaning gutters, drain boxes, and down spouts
- Looking for worn or damaged flashing
- Inspecting flat metal roofs for signs of pooling (collected water)
- Checking for penetrations, leaks, and rust
No matter what type of metal roofing Lancaster PA homeowners and business owners prefer, it will be installed promptly and with maximum quality in mind by the crew at Zimmerman's Construction. Contact us today and our metal roofing contractors will deliver the results you deserve.